[RTTY] OK DX RTTY Contest SOAB LP

sschultz@megsinet.net sschultz@megsinet.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:58:25 GMT

Call used: N0IU
Location:  MO

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   N.America    DX     OK Stns
80       0      0        0         0        0
40       0      0        0         0        0
20       5      6        4         1        1
15      33     57        9        24        3
10      35     63        7        28        6
Total   73    126       20        53       10

QSO : 73
QSO points NA 20x1 = 20
QSO points DX 53x2 = 106
Total points = 126
Total DXCC = 53
Total OK = 10
Claimed score = 126 x 53 x 10 = 66,780

Soapbox: It's not a plaque winning score, but I wanted to shake out the
bugs (new rig and new computer) to try and make sure Murphy would not
interfere with my participation in the upcoming RTTY Roundup. But I have
been noticing a trend lately which is a double-edge sword. When I started
in RTTY only 10 years ago, it was still necessary to have some sort of
outboard controller such as a KAM, PK232, HAL board or other some such
device. Depending on the radio, you ran either FSK or AFSK, and when
everything was properly adjusted, you could not tell the difference on
the receiving end. The good news is that with excellent programs such as
MMTTY, this has attracted more ops to what is the favorite mode for most
of us without the need for these extra devices. The bad news, however, is
that I am noticing many more overdriven signals. I do not want to
discourage these newcomers to the mode, but I would ask that they take
some care to adjust their sound levels so as not to overdrive the
signals. There, now I feel better for getting that off my chest!

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use Molly Mail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com
Having trouble sending email from different locations ?
Need a single outgoing mail server that will work from anywhere ?

Set it to smtp.com and never have to change it again !

http://www.smtp.com