[RTTY] K1US -- 2002 OK DX RTTY

Jon Harder jon@praxisworks.org
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:12:43 -0000

Thanks to all for the many satisfying QSOs from many lands on several bands!
This was a terrific workout for my newly upgraded setup. Using twin 870s
with a little AL-811 and a rebuilt GAP Challenger to improve performance on
40, along with tried and true half-rhombic for 10 through 20.

The aurora zone included my QTH on Friday night, and there was so much
flutter I gave up fairly early.  Then Saturday was terrific.  40 was such a
great place to be that I mostly camped out and ran on 7033 in the late
afternoon, with caller after caller rolling in, including EA8/DJ1OJ .   What
a change the GAP makes in being hearable on this band.  It was well worth
the effort to renew the old wiring and clean up the tubing before putting it
up right over the path of rain water flow down to the Atlantic marsh edge.
My thanks to the many who called from so many spots I've not worked before
on that band.

80 was a very different story, a few QSOs with loud North Americans, but no
DX.  ON4AME was loud and clear here, but could not hear me.  More to be done
before the next time in RU for '03.

Very best wishes to all at this season, and may we find the way to peace
with all our best efforts.

Jon, K1US
Cape Porpoise, Maine

=====================================

2002 OK DX RTTY Contest
Zone 5
__K1US___

SOAB HP (375 watts max)

569 pts X 75 DXCC  X 25 OK stns = 1,066,875

BAND QSOs Points DXCC OK stns

80 4 12 1 0

40 70 333 20 8

20 56 79 22 4