[RTTY] Serial port expansion card troubles...

Gert E. Janssens gert33@rionet.org
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:24:40 -0600

Hello,

I wanted to go the FSK way instead of AFSK, what I'm doing now.

I have a serial port expansion card, a SIIG Cyber Serial Dual PCI
(JJ-02012).

The thing is properly recognized by Windows (XP), drivers install fine, and
Windows reports that "the device is working properly".

However I can't get any hardware to work with it. I have a rigblaster on
COM1 and other rig control on COM2, and neither of those work on COM4 or
COM5. (COM3 is modem).

I checked all settings, they are the same as for my onboard ports. So I
don't think that is the problem.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this particular expansion
card? Or some other advice?

Thanks, happy holidays,

Gert - K5WW