[RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) XE Test

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:31:16 -0000

Hi all,

Well, I didn't intend to do much in this contest, other than try out
Writelog for the first time!
Everything seemed to work OK, although I am used to some of the WF1B
keyboard shortcuts that aren't available in this software, and that caused
me a few minor problems, such as having the focus in the wrong window, but I
got there! It was also odd to work in LSB, as the tones sound funny!
However, I did like the band-map, and also the S&P memories! That bit saved
me scribbling various notes down during the contest, and proved quite useful
on a couple of occasions.

I only operated from 0800 to 1830 in this one, but was pleased to see quite
a few XE stations, although I heard more than I worked.
Like Don, I too found quite a few stations that had strong images up and/or
down, and spent fruitless minutes trying to call some of them! I also
noticed some very bad operating practices by a few! One example was when I
was trying to reply to a CQ call, and I kept getting called by someone else.
This happened quite a bit, and got me quite annoyed!

On a brighter note, it was nice to see Jodie VP5JM again, and also FY5FU,
and it was a real surprise to get called by an EI station on 20m!

Anyway, here is what I ended up with:
GU0SUP SOAB(LP) FMRE RTTY Contest 2002
                QSOs      Points       DX:      State
160m:          0              0           0            0
80m:           0              0            0            0
40m:           0              0            0            0
20m:          38           116          22           2
15m:           52          155          31           0
10m:           64          195          28           3
Total:        154         466          81           5
Total multipliers: 86
Score:  40076

Station Description:  Yaesu FT900, 60 watts
Antenna(s):  half-size G5RV
Software:  Writelog + MMTTY

Thanks to the sponsors, and to all who struggled with my poor
signals........
73 for now, and see you all in WPX
Phil GU0SUP