[RTTY] WPX DJ3IW SOSB80

DJ3IW Goetz k0869565@tiscalinet.de
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 01:13:40 -0000

CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX 2002

Four RTTY contests in five weeks is a lot so I had not intended
to enter this one. But I couldn't resist some casual operating that
accumulated to almost 7 hours. 80m only was chosen, the points per
qso rule raising hopes for some interesting activity. No, no, not
for me - the usual stations from UA9 being almost absent and only
3 NA contacts. Even the Europeans seemed not to appreciate good
short skip 80m propagation that could have brought plenty of mults
at 4pt/qso. Highlight: Being called by 4Z4DX and 4X6UU.
Lowlight: The many stations giving their call and serial number
only ONCE, often even without leading/trailing CR necessitating
MANY requests for repeats. And there was again a vast amount of
spurious signals originating from too much soundcard power into SSB
modulators.

Here comes my result:
---------------------
Call used: DJ3IW
Entry Class: Single Op, Single Band

Band    QSOs   Pts  Mults Dupes
80       165   638   123    1
Claimed Score: 78474
Operating time: 6h 42m

Most frequently worked prefix: OK2 - 5 QSO's

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02
Equipment: FT1000MP, 75W, dipole, HAL PCI-3000

73 de Goetz
k0869565@tiscalinet.de