[RTTY] CQ RJ RTTY WPX - J41YM - SOAB HP

Olda Linhart - OK1YM ok1ym@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:47:17 +0000

CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX

Call used: J41YM
Location:  ATHENS - GREECE

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band HP

Band    QSOs   Pts  Mults
80        41   168      -
40       274  1220      -
20       344   854      -
15       352   829      -
10       250   602      -
-----   ----  ----  ----
Total   1261  3673   464

Prefixes counted only once (not once per band)
Most frequently worked prefix: UA9 - 19 QSO's
------------------------
Claimed Score: 1704272
------------------------

Equipment:

Main station TS-850S + PA 300 W
The 2nd radio TS-940S ( for checking bands and searching for mult. )

ANT 1 - 16 el. log periodic fixly beaming to US
ANT 2 - Tribander dipole beaming to JA / South America
ANT 3 - dipole for 80 m ( 100 W on this band only )

MODEM : DXP 38

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02

COMMENTS:

My goal was to broke 1000 QSO´s barrier in SO category.
I setup my score for 1050 QSO - 3255 point s & 410 mult = 1334550 points

Unfortunately all local DX clusters were not working
( without connection to other DX cluster ) so I had to use
( from time to time ) DX cluster via internet ( OH2BUA DX summit ).
It was impossible to be connected all the time for two reasons.
First the connection fall down due EMI ( phone line is too
close to my coaxial cables ).The second - local connection
is paid ( SRI not like in U.S ).

There were 3 best hours in the contest.

1. Sunday morning about 04.00 UTC on 40m good signals from
   U.S.

2. Sunday afternoon ( after lunch ) 11:00 - 12:00 UTC
   I worked 72 QSO on 15m with 19 new mult. Being called by 9G1UW
   TK5MH, HL1AQ and V73UG and a lot of JA´s with never ending
   different prefixes

3. The last hour. I begun on 40m for better point and
   found clean fq on 7050. Thanks VK6HD who called me on
   40m as always. For last 30m I QSYed to 20m for a short
   pileup to US.

Thanks for all realized QSO. It was my last RTTY WPX from
Greece. I hope to see you next year from OK with a vertical
or LW and 100 W hi.

Highlights: 5U8B, V73UG, 9G1UW, TF3VS, VR2BG,

The strongest signal from US by AF4Z

Olda - J41YM

<http://www.qsl.net/ok1ym>

P.S.

I agree with Goetz DJ3IW who wrote

Lowlight: The many stations giving their call and serial number
only ONCE, often even without leading/trailing CR necessitating
MANY requests for repeats. And there was again a vast amount of
spurious signals originating from too much soundcard power into SSB
modulators.