[RTTY] CQ/RJ WPX Contest Operating Time

Walt Niemczura walt@hawaii.rr.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:49:24 -1000

We would be in favor of making it 36 hours long just to improve the
activity the last six hours of the contest.

A lot of M/S, M/2, M/M and SOSBs are left out there with nobody to
work but each other. It's much worse if you are M/something but we
all know how dead the bands are at the end and this year it seemed
worse. I guess folks and the casual ops were glued to the TV sets ;-)

We (again the "we", KH6ND, KH7U, AH7R and I) were talking about this
on Sunday as we cleaned up during out four hours of 6 Qs/Hr. The easiest
thing might be to go to an "unlimited" category. Either 48 hrs operation
or bump it up to the 36 hrs the other two contest use. That way the old
records and results would be comparable in the future and those that are
gluttons for fun (punishment) can push it a bit more.

This would be good for this event. It would increase activity and not
force those to change their operating habits unless they wanted.

Just a thought and a vote.

73 and Aloha,

Walt
AH6OZ