[RTTY] NO2T SOABHP

Jerry no2t@arrl.net
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:52:37 -0500

CQ WPX RTTY Contest
NO2T      SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH RTTY

  Band   QSO   Pts Mult
   80M    88   278   23
   40M   178   676   87
   20M   244   556  119
   15M   251   603   71
   10M   264   675  127
 Total  1025  2788  427

Claimed Score =    1201850

	This was a tough one. Lost my rotatable KT34XA Saturday morning. Stuck
with wire dipoles for the remainder of the contest. Looking up the tower I
think the coax is pinched as it goes around the rotor.  It rotates, but the
SWR is high and the antenna is deaf.

	After the poor condx at the start, very high "K" and "A", things got
better all weekend. Even without the beam had 80+ hours.  These new
soundcard programs are sure producing a lot of newcomers.  Wonderful!

	Used Writelog with P-38 and MMTTY on one radio (80, 20,10 meters).
Writelog with PCI-3000 and MMTTY  for the second radio(40,15 meters). The
sequential numbering is still poor. In addition the insert key method of
grabbing calls has changed in  this last version (10.30b). Many times I
found myself sending just the report with no call after hitting the insert
key!! I don't know what is different. But with previous versions of
Writelog I have pushed the insert key many thousands of times without
problems. Will ah ve to set up some test conditions to figure out the
differences,

	Thanks to all of you for the Q's. Sorry if I seemed to stumble coming back
to you some of the time.

		73 de Jerry NO2T