[RTTY] RE: PW0T/TI9M ops and split

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:39:41 -0000

Hi Ekki and the group,

Well, no luck here either, but not for want of trying! Spent quite a few
hours at the keys last night trying hard on 15m for PW0T, but just didn't
make it.

Although I agree with Ekki's sentiments, many of the guys causing the
problems seem to fall into two camps.

First are the ones using RTTY just for the heck of it, and are never
generally seen on this mode. I saw quite a few calls like that last night.

Second are the ones who seem to enjoy ignoring any helpful comments! And
yes, there were PLENTY of these guys calling last night.
And many of them called PW0T on their Tx frequency too! At least one will
have been disappointed though, as he WAS called by PW0T, but they were
calling ONE of his strong spurs, and I don't think he realised he had been
called. Ah well, perhaps there is some justice after all.
I'm not sure what we can do to help this bunch, as they seem to wind all the
knobs up for maximum smoke, and go for it! I have had verbal abuse from
several, when told they have spurs on their signals, and I don't see that I
can do any more.

I must say that in all the time I spent in the shack last night, I didn't
see much evidence of "policemen", just the occasional UP UP UP from someone
else, but not enough to cause a problem.

Ah well, there's time yet, and I did make it with PW0T on 15m CW.

73 to all, and see you in the pile-ups over the weekend!
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Guernsey Telecoms Ltd.

Information held on any of Guernsey Telecoms' computer
systems is the property of Guernsey Telecoms Ltd. Guernsey
Telecoms Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the
content of all information, messages and attachments sent
to or from this e-mail address.