[RTTY] RTTY frequencies determination

DJ3IW Goetz k0869565@tiscalinet.de
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:43:50 -0000

For what it's worth...
 Today I came across a striking example of nowadays confusion about RTTY
frequency determination. I was lucky to come across CE0Y/DM5TI on 10m
before the majority of the usual EU pack jumped onto him. I needed only
two calls and had my QSO. His frequency was 28084.4 mark - my FT1000MP is
set to display mark frequency for RTTY (using high tones). I  spotted him
on the DB0SPC DX-cluster and kept watching his signal and QSOs. Just TWO
minutes after my spot another spot by an IZ0 station appeared on the cluster
giving his frequency as 28086.1 and another 4 mins later a well kwown OH2
RTTYer spotted him being on 28087.9 -- all the time I had copied his signal
and for sure he did NOT change his frequency!

73 de Goetz, DJ3IW
k0869565@tiscalinet.de