[RTTY] Opto Couplers ?

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:32:30 -0500

I use 4n33's here. Different ones have different "gain". Put a voltmeter on
the rig side to make sure it is taking the keying voltage sufficiently low.
Compare it to the voltage when the Kam keys it. I had a problem and it was
because the opto couldn't take it low enough. A replacement opto fixed it.

Make sure your PTT is working.

HNY from snow-covered SC

Jerry W4UK