[RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU

sean boyle testtemp@thersgb.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:12:09 -0000

Band    QSOs        Mult
80            12            2
40            51            24
20            67            21
15            32            6
10            39            20
Totals        201        73
Points  14673     DXCC  37      STATE/PROV  36
Equipment  FT1000MP 50 watts to a 40m dipole 6m AGL tuned on all bands. N1MM
and MMTTY software
Soapbox
My first contest using proper RTTY contest software and am I glad to have
found N1MM and MMTTY !   A very steep learning curve but what fantastic
tools to increase enjoyment and contest scores.
My QSO count would have been higher but I deleted any QSOs where  I could
not get my QSO partner to acknowledge my exchange. How am I supposed to know
that he has all my details correct if when I switch back to receive all I
here is him calling QRZ ?  No QSL or TU. If they can't wait a few moments
until my transmission is finished and acknowledge receipt then why should I
put them in the log ?   It is my score which could suffer during
adjudication with too many NILs.  On a similar note what do you do when a
stations fails to correct your call preferring to blast on and rack up the
QSOs.  As before I wiped the QSOs as he certainly did not work my callsign !
It is a fun challenge to make yourself heard as a low power station with
small antennas and I hope that this minority of stations will expend just
enough time to help us through otherwise that new multiplier you ASSumed you
had may indeed be NotInLog.
Fast and loud is not the be all and end all of  contesting, at the end of
the day its accuracy that counts.
See you all for BARTG and if you have not tried RTTY contesting load up with
MMTTY, N1MM and give it a go, it's FUN.
Jim
MM0BQI  @  theRSGB.net