[RTTY] Com ports

Sante - IK0HBN ik0hbn@libero.it
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 23:40:39 +0200

Hi Phil,
before my mother board got burned about 6 months ago, leaving me without
logging and Rtty, I had an ISA 2 ports serial board with also an LPT that I
set to LPT2. Now I purchased a modern MB by EPOX without the chance of
having ISA slot's. So my old ISA serial card went retired in a box. The new
board I spoke in my last message shares IRQ stealing only one to the
system. Now I have 10 COM's....sure more I need....
Hope this helps.
PS. I preferred to put my hands in advance...so I bought one 8 port card,
but MOXA sells also one model SMARTIO with only 4 ports..sure cheaper. They
have also a box which protects card and computer from spikes, surges and so on.