[RTTY] P5 RTTY & DXCC - In the bank

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:28:56 -0500

I've spoken to two individuals, one on the DXAC, who have
spoken by phone today with Bill Moore at the DXCC and both
confirm that Bill says the P5 on RTTY is good for DXCC.

As a matter of fact, one of the individuals had already submitted
his card.  Even though the card was rejected, the QSO was placed
in the ARRL database and when it became official today, this person
was the first to be credited with a P5 RTTY QSO!

There's no explanation yet as to why there has not been an official
announcement from the ARRL.  But I'm sure it's forthcoming.

I think we can take this one to the bank... or at least the DXCC
desk for credit!  Now let's keep our fingers crossed that 7O1YGF
gets approved!

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog