[RTTY] NAQP W7WHY

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 17:00:23 +0100

NA QSO Party

 Call used: W7WHY
 Location:  OR

 Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

 Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
 80         0     0     0     0
 40        29    29    17     1
 20        67    67    33     2
 15         3     3     2     1
 10         0     0     0     0
--------------------------------
 Total     99    99    52     4

--------------------------------------

 Claimed Score: 5544

 Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02+MMTTY

 Power Output: 60 watts

 Well, things started out with a bang, literally.  Had
 things working well Friday night and then Saturday morning
 the computer decided to give up the ghost.  Couldn't
 get it to recognize the C drive.  Ran IDE auto-config
 in setup, and it kept telling me it was there, but every
 time I tried to access the C drive, the computer would tell
 me it was an "invalid drive specification."  I had an old
 '486 so I re-furbed it and moved the software to that one
 and at about 2250 got back on the air.  Then there wasn't any
 stations around to work.  Had fun after things came back up
again.
 Had to leave for a couple of hours later to go listen to my son
 play guitar.  All in all, it was a good day.  Lots of fun to
 work the regulars and newbies.  Only had 1 station call me off
 frequency all day.  Seems how everyone is learning how to run
 this stuff.  73
 Tom W7WHY