[RTTY] [Fwd: NAQP RTTY W5CTV Single Op LP]

Chris Vincent w5ctv@arrl.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:25:44 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NAQP RTTY W5CTV Single Op LP
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:23:26 -0700
From: webform@hornucopia.com
To: 3830@contesting.com, w5ctv@arrl.net

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W5CTV
Operator(s): W5CTV
Station: W5CTV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:  42     18
   15:  14     10
   10:   5      3
-------------------
Total:  61     31  Total Score = 1,891

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Stray Cats

Comments:

OK for a RTTY newbie I guess.  I didn't come anywhere near the goal I had set
for myself.  I had a hamfest that took me into the first two hours, and was
going ok until the &^$%&%$ flare took everything out. It was so bad I couldn't
even hear AA5AU and he's just a few miles as the crow flies. By the time the
band came back the wife and kids were back and I was out until they went to bed.
That gave me a little over 3hrs left to play.  I went right up to the bitter
end.  Got 5K0Z on 20 just as time expired for a new mult. I got Uli on 15 and
20. My first QSO was with my fellow Stray Cat PJ2EL, Ernie.  He was my only
teammate worked. I saw AI9T working some, but was never able to hook up. I never
saw my other two teammates.  Hope they did OK.

I tried to go down to 40, but I don't have an antenna up for the low bands. I
could barely get the tribander to load up, but I couldn't get enough juice out
to get to anyone. I just wanted to grab a couple more mults.  As they say in
Saints fotball...there's always next year.

All in all I had fun. Made some new friends and picked up some new states.

Hope to see you on the bands for more than Chris, LA.

73,
Chris
W5CTV