[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Certificate Received

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt@panix.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

   From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
   Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:38:23 -0500

   Jeff, WK6I writes"
   > hi Don - looking at the rules, the receiving station must log the QTC to get
   > credit.
   >
   > If the transmitter logs the QTC, and the receiver does not, wouldn't the log
   > checking process disallow the transmitter's QTCs?

   I believe this to be true.  However, if the receiving station (or even the TX station)
   does not send in a log, what happens?  I'm not sure.  I claimed 1589 QTCs and
   was credited with 1524, so I lost 65 QTCs somewhere.  They might have been
   from stations that did not send in logs, but I don't know the criteria DARC uses
   to score the contest.  It does present an interesting question though.

Erp, I've assumed that QTC's sent to stations that didn't send in a
log were just as good as anyone's.  I'd like to know this for sure,
since if things are going as usual for me from home, I just take
QTC's, don't worry about getting them correct or logging them, and
then don't send in a log, on the grounds that I'm giving cheap points.

If this is not true, then I'd like to know.

I hope the ARRL takes the AA4NC problem to heart, and will provide
some feedback.  A QSO count should be easy enough to implement, and
would give some assurance that the entire proper log was received.

73, doug