[RTTY] What's the Problem with RTTY from 4U1UN?

Arsk0jn@aol.com Arsk0jn@aol.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 14:45:55 EDT

Except for a short period in December, 1998 there has been no RTTY operation
from 4U1UN to speak of in over 5 years. This surely would be a new country on
RTTY for a lot of people--particularily those outside of North America. Why
is it so difficult to get this place on the air? We seem to be able to get
rare locations activated all over the world and we can't get one going that's
right in our own back yard? I wouldn't even mind if some time was spent from
4U1UN on PSK (as long as it didn't hurt the RTTY operations too much).
Joe, K0JN