[RTTY] K4WW SOABHP

Shelby Summerville k4ww@arrl.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:44:59 -0400

I knew beforehand this couldn't be a "serious" effort, but little did I know
it would be so frustrating! We were finishing a complete bathroom
remodeling, and I knew my time Saturday would be very limited, and with
son's birthday on Sunday, not a lot of time there either. Friday afternoon,
when I turned rig on I was experiencing "20 over" static, on 20 meters, and
just a little less on the other bands. I was only able to work about 15
contacts Friday, and they had to be strong enough to exceed the static!
After a lot of "research", I discovered that the remodeling man had his
cordless drill battery charger plugged in upstairs. Removed that on Saturday
morning, and the static went away. Sunday afternoon the remodeling man had
to turn off the power, unannounced, and when I turned things back on, my
transmit was "reversed"! Not sure how that happened, but even the menu in
the 870 had changed. Took some time to "fix" that! Found very little
activity on 10, but the ones that were there were loud! Worked KK5OQ easier
on 10 than 20? I need some "out of the ordinary" efforts like this just to
make me appreciate the ones that are not! Thanks to ANARTS for sponsoring,
and to all that contacted me, especially those that I had trouble printing.
To those that I called, while "reversed", I apologize, and thanks for
telling me!
C'Ya, Shelby

                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SOST HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    2    11     2
   20:  140  2040    46
   15:  195  3819    58
   10:    8   204     6
Total:  345  6074   112  Continents = 5  Total Score = 3,402,840