[RTTY] ZL2BR - ANARTS

Frank Hunt ditdah@infogen.net.nz
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:34:39 +1200

My initial goal was to set a world record:-), but I had to be satisfied
with:
QSO's 304, compared with 339 last year.
Multipliers 124, exactly the same number as last year!
The surprising final points tally was only 17k less than last year.

I put a lot of time in on 40m and the 33 contacts on that band were
my best ever in a RTTY contest.

Now here's some interesting stats compared with last year:
US stations worked - 61, last year 72.
JA stations worked - 13, last year 42.
VK stations worked - 8, last year 14.
EU stations worked - 98, last year 95.
(These are actual individual stations, not qso totals).

So where were all the JA'a and the VK's??? The JA's could have all
been watching the FIFA world cup football matches, and the VK's
could have been working in the Jubilee contest. Who knows.

Worked 220 stations of which 78, just over a third, were new ones
for me. Highlights included, working A45WD on 40m, and once
again finding EC8AUZ to complete the 6 continent set. (The ZL-ZS
polar paths are extremely difficult to crack).

Log breakdown:

Band         qso       points    multis  cont     VK bonus
7MHz        33         1438      21        5          800
14MHz      176       7767      54        5          600
21MHz      76         2937      36        6          1200
28MHz      19         639        13        4          600
ALL           304       12781    124      6          3200

Claimed score: 12781 X 124 X 6 + 3200 = 9, 512,624

Thanks for the contacts folks. See you in the All Asian CW next
weekend, or the IARU CW in 5 weeks time, or if you are a RTTY
contester only (!), in the Russian RTTY contest.

73 Frank, ZL2BR