[RTTY] RE: [WriteLog] Multi-port serial boards

Roger Hackler rhackler@mindspring.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:18:05 -0400

Barry:

I am using the Keyspan USB-Serial hub.  It has 4 serial ports on it and
plugs into a USB port on your computer.  Using it with the latest and
greatest WriteLog and Windows XP.  No problems here at all.  I picked it up
at Microcenter for $140.00.  Probably could find it cheaper on the net.

73

Roger Hackler, KN6RO

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Barry
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 07:46
To: writelog@contesting.com; RTTY Reflector
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi-port serial boards

Hi all,
My second station computer died, so I'm planning to replace it. As all
the new systems now are PCI only, I'm looking for recommendations for
a 4 COM port PCI card that shares 1 IRQ. My current one is the ISA
Byterunner which has worked flawlessly. I recall hearing about
problems with the PCI version of the Byterunner a few years ago. Is it
fixed now?
Tnx,
Barry
P.S. I will be selling the ISA 4 COM port board I have now, if anyone is
interested. I'll also be selling my HAL P38--