[WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

Dave nr1dx@arrl.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:34:11 +0000

At 07:42 AM 6/13/02 -0500, Ron Stordahl wrote:

<SNIP>

>As I said I have not generated RTTY directly with COM port output (5 bit),
>but I figure if the Byterunners don't do that I can always use the built in
>COM1 and COM2 to do that.
>
>If someone is using the Byterunner PCI's to generate RTTY I would like to
>hear about it.
>
>Ron N5IN

Ron
I use a Byterunner PCI-410HSP , 4 COM's plus 1LPT. I have NO problem
generating direct FSK (SO2R even) using MMTTY plus Writelog and DX4WIN. I
run WIN98SE on an 800MHZ ASUS P-III motherboard,  as an operating system (
I did have problems until I downloaded an updated set of drivers form their
WEBsite...( I can't speak for other operating systems...the secret for the
most part seems to be in the drivers)

I also have very good success with SiiG cards I have a Siig PCI-Expander 4S
(4 COMs) . The folks at SiiG also showed me how to go into the Registry and
renumber the COM ports from the defaults that Windows wants to assign them.

Both SiiG and  Byterunner have above average tech support overall in my
experince. You just can't expect them to solve the problem the day before
the contest 8^) !!

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain