[RTTY] KU9C qsl manager for KP2D

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:15:09 -0500

From: "Steven Wheatley KU9C" <ku9cqslmanager@ku9c.com>
To: <DX@mailman.qth.net>, <dx-news@pro-usa.net>, <dx-qsl@mailman.qth.net>
Cc: "Les Bannon" <wf5e@cox.net>, <golist@golist.net>, <bernie@dailydx.com>,
         <N4AA@dxpub.com>
Subject: [DX-NEWS] KU9C qsl manager for KP2D
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:56:11 -0400

Hi gang,

It was a real pleasure to work many of you while at WP2Z last
week.  Incredible pileups (did someone move WP2 to the top 50 most
wanted?).  Anyway, glad to hand out the new one to many, and to say hi to
old friends.  Had a great week, and I now see why WP2Z does great in the
contests....

While there, I spoke to Ron, the trustee of KP2D in St. Thomas.  It's a
very active contest station, and I believe has been active in many of the
RTTY contests, etc.  I've agreed to help them by serving as QSL
managers.  I expect to receive logs in a week or two, and should be able to
process the QSLs soon thereafter.  Please note, it's going to be a slow few
months coming up, as PW0T will take first priority, and the cards are due
this month.  I will also be working the BQ9P pile as well....along with
trying to catch up on YA5T.

Please don't email me to see if you are in the log on BQ9P...I'll not have
the logs for a few weeks.  I would rather prefer, for ALL of the stations I
manage, to have you submit your QSL request...and I'll investigate.  It's a
bit annoying to tell a ham that they are not in the log, and then have them
submit the QSL asking the same question twice.  Try touching 80,000 or so
QSOs each year.....and it gets old real quick

73
Steve KU9C (complete with sunburn and a few bottles of GREAT Cruzan rum!  :-)