[RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:44:43 +0100

Hi Jerry,

Well, I didn't operate in FD, but I did just about see Charles KK5OQ CQ'ing
on 15m yesterday afternoon.
I did try and call him, but wasn't sure of the response, but I wasn't heard
anyway!
Charles was very weak with me, and kept disappearing into the QSB.

I was watching 9G1UW (poor sigs, didn't work) and YB0AI (good sigs & did
work), and was sort of waiting to see if YA/G0TQJ or P5/4L4FN would show up
on RTTY. I had just put the new shack PC (700MHz with 384MB RAM + 20GB HDD
and Radeon twin head video card) into place, and was trying to get all the
extra things (extra COM ports and soundcard) working correctly.
Doing this certainly taught me a lesson! Don't set Writelog to see PTT and
rig control on the same port! Not a pretty sight!

20m seemed wide open, and yet I didn't see a single W calling FD at all.

Someone needs to go find a virgin for sacrifice before NAQP, and get these
Gods of propagation appeased!
Perhaps this cycle is going to collapse sooner than we expected? 10m seems
to have been dead for months now, with very little activity - even during
ANARTS.

73 for now, and see you all in NAQP
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Guernsey Telecoms Ltd.

Information held on any of Guernsey Telecoms' computer
systems is the property of Guernsey Telecoms Ltd. Guernsey
Telecoms Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the
content of all information, messages and attachments sent
to or from this e-mail address.