[RTTY] CQWW RTTY 2001 Plaque Sponsorship--Final Call

W6OTC w6otc@garlic.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 20:44:11 +0000

To All RTTY Contesters:

Final results have been compiled and will be sent this week to CQ Magazine
and The New RTTY Journal for May publication, in time for Dayton.

Along with the results and the top-5 box we normally publish the list of
Plaque Sponsors and Winners.  Present sponsors (some sponsor more than one
plaque) include the following:  HAL Communications Corp., The New RTTY
Journal, W2JGR, W6OTC, N6TQS, K9JY, K7VS, W0ETC, AA5AU, KD6WW, WA9ALS, K4WW,
CQ Magazine, JA6BEY, HC8N, K6AW, N5KO.  Special thanks to contest and plaque
co-sponsors Bill Henry (owner of HAL and The New RTTY Journal) and to CQ
Magazine.  The following categories remain available for sponsorship:

SOA NA, EU, Asia
M/S H ALL Categories except World, Oceania, Africa
M/S L ALL CATEGORIES except Oceania, Africa
M2 NA, EU, USA
M/M ALL Categories except World
SINGLE BAND All Categories

The cost of plaques is $55, payable to me at Glenn Vinson, 36 Presidio
Terrace, San Francisco, CA 94118.  As usual, plaques will be presented at
Dayton for those who let us know they are attending.  Others will be mailed
at that time.  The same procedure will apply for RTTY WPX (presentation at
Dayton, mailing soon thereafter), but I will not publish that plaque list
until April since full RTTY WPX results will not be printed until July.

If you are willing to sponsor a CQWW plaque, let me know by e-mail so I can
include your call in the plaque box.  If you want to sponsor a WPX plaque,
let me know that as well since we are presently working on WPX logs and the
writeup.

Note that any winner of CQ/RJ WW or CQ/RJ WPX may order a plaque at his/her
cost from me.  Orders must be placed by 8/31/02 in order to minimize set-up
costs.

73, Glenn, W6OTC