[RTTY] BARTG Observation

Duane Budd w5ben@arrl.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:42:12 -0500

What, exactly, does this rule mean?

I have a W5 call, but am in the 4th district. My station
call is licensed in the 4th district. I am NOT operating
portable. Am I supposed to sign W5BEN/4 anyway?

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net
Johnson City, TN

**All outgoing Email is screened by Norton Antivirus**

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:rtty-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Bill Hellman
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 10:03 AM
To: Reflector RTTY
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG Observation

The contest rules from John Barber include a  statement,
"U.S. stations
must use correct
call or suffix for area of operation."  I worked a few
stations who were
signing portable,
but I also saw one very visible station who was not
following this rule.

It was a fun contest and glad it did extend to 0200utc on
Monday which
enabled me to get
a few more multipliers.  However, I guess the  EU stations
did not like it
especially if they
have to go to work the following morning. I look forward to
next year.

73, Bill - NA2M (ex-W2UD, W2PQZ)