[RTTY] Best RTTY rig?

Ed Magnuson w1mag@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:01:42 -0500

Having finally in my mind worked all countries, even if my
current P5 winds up not counting, I face two alternatives:
1) selling all my gear and taking up knitting or 2)
rewarding myself with a new top-of-the-line rig to chase the
60 countries I still need on RTTY. After careful
consideration, I have decided to replace my two aging, but
ever-faithful,  Omnis.

So my question is: Which of the top rigs is best for RTTY? I
vaguely recall a thread on this when I was not paying
attention. If anyone kept a summary or can direct me to
another source of comparison, that would be much
appreciated. Or just give me your own views.

 I want a rig that handles the digital modes best or
easiest, specifically FSK and of less concern, PSK. The SSB
quality or built-in CW keyers do not entice me. (My croaking
voice defies  even the best SSB sound  gizmos.) Since this
is an earned reward, price is not a factor. I shall be
generous to myself.

Thanks for any suggestions.  Ed, W1MAG