[RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?

Bill Holbert Sr. realbill@w5bbr.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:59:33 -0600

Chen the same goes for the FT1000/FT1000D.  Just take the MIC control
and turn it down on the Yaesu rigs and see if you get out even if using
the FSK inputs on rear of rig.  I first noticed this while running a KAM
plus with FSK output connected to RTTY input jack.

Now for some general comments:

My old FT1000/FT1000D rig is now eleven years old but the following is
extract from the manual concerning Digital Modes (AMTOR, RTTY, and
PACKET).

"The FT-1000 offers some special features to meet the requirements of
digital modes, such as a built-in digitally-synthesized AFSK generator
for RTTY and AMTOR terminal units, IF bandwidth optimization and
automatic display offsets, and an 18-ms transmit-to-receive turnaround
time."

I just love the disscussions related to AFSK and FSK.  Wish someone
would tell me how I can tell which you are running.  A much bigger
factor is what do I care if the transmitting station is not generating
unwanted sidebands or the like as a result of improper operation of the
equipment being used.

Regards to all, Bill, W5BBR