[RTTY] Problem with Writelog Cabrillo logs for BARTG test

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:45:15 -0000

Hello all,

Well, I am in agreement with Waldemar on this one!

I should say right now that I CAN understand WHY contest organisers want
logs in this format, and that is NOT the issue here.

As Waldemar says, the Cabrillo web site does not tell us what a particular
contest output should look like, particularly RTTY contests!
Last year, we had all sorts of problems with Cabrillo logs generated by the
WF1B software, and now it is Writelog that seems to have a problem........
Or is it?
Is it really Writelog that has the problem, or is it the interpretation that
is wrong?

All it would take is one sample line to show us all what the output SHOULD
look like. Probably the best place for this would be in the rules, as
sending it via email would likely split the output over two lines, thus
making it messy and harder to read correctly.
The average user hasn't a clue as to the importance of the layout, and nor
does he really need to, but we have to assume that generating a Cabrillo log
is done correctly by whatever software it is we use.

Looking at the Cabrillo log I have from Writelog, I can't really see WHAT is
missing (or superfluous?) in the log, except perhaps the actual time of the
logged QSO (as opposed to the TIME you sent!).
With WF1B last year, three TIME's were involved in the exhange: The two that
formed part of the exchange, and the actual TIME that the QSO was entered
into the log. With Writelog, I note that it logs the QSO with the time that
was sent as part of the exhange. Now, that COULD be very different, and was
in a couple of instances here!

John (GW4SKA), can you tell us WHAT is wrong with the WL Cabrillo logs? The
reason I ask is that I wonder if there is a variation between the different
versions that will have been used. I used 10.30B, but I know some used older
versions than that.

Very best 73 to all
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Guernsey Telecoms Ltd.

Information held on any of Guernsey Telecoms' computer
systems is the property of Guernsey Telecoms Ltd. Guernsey
Telecoms Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the
content of all information, messages and attachments sent
to or from this e-mail address.