[RTTY] SO5R?? Does it matter?

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:21:04 -0000

Hi all,

No real comments on the SO2R debate - or nothing that hasn't already been
said!

However, I would like you all to remember that some of us do not enter to
win! We enter to have fun, work new countries/zones/States etc, and enjoy
the fun of chase. AND to give you all the mults/points that enable you to
win.

In my view, SO2R has both advantages and disadvantages. The number of radios
is immaterial if you are only working with dipoles.

And don't forget the limitations that might ensue if a new SO2R section is
created! I hate the 5 or 10 minute rules enough, without additional
limitations.

I have to admire the likes of Don, Sheby eyc etc, who have built up these
super stations, but do remember that they were "top of the pile" BEFORE they
were using 2 radios. The best just got better!

Oh boy, I really wish I was able to get top Dayton, as that debate is going
to be HOT!
Has anyone thought about buying up a whole load of boxing gloves for sale on
the door??

73 and enjoy the debate................
Phil GU0SUP