[RTTY] SO1R vs. SO2R Discussion

tgstewart@pepco.com tgstewart@pepco.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:57:59 -0500

I wouldnt call SO2R "state of the art" and you can do it pretty cheaply on
low power using old computers networked without radio interfaces.

Now wait a minute...$3000+ bucks for a radio?  Even an old Kenwood TS830
with filters would be a good second radio and those can be had pretty
cheap  (what...a few hundred bucks?).  Even a used MP with filters is well
under $2000 and I dont think you can do much better than that.

My point is you CAN add a second radio at low power for not a lot of
money...certainly well under $1000 all up, including some filters,
switching, and a low performance second computer.  Of course you CAN spend
a whole lot more than that, but the first $1000 will get you a lot more
performance for your dollar than the next $5000!

Ty K3MM

K4SB <k4sb@mindspring.com>
Sent by: rtty-admin@contesting.com
03/25/2002 01:43 PM