[RTTY] Interesting Survey

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt@panix.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:00:28 -0500 (EST)

Yep,
I have just seen a bit of that attitude here at XR0X.  The comment,
and sometimes result was that you can make more Q4s and therefore make
more people happy on CW and SSB.  I have some ideas abou this for
RTTY.  That is why I went from having unlimited time for RTTY to 6
hours (and unproductive ones at that) per day.

I alos want to learn how to make more PSK QSOs faster and do that
within the next three weeks before KH1.

73, doug

XR0X 3000+ RTTY
114 PSK31

   From: "Hill, Don" <dhill@cprk.com>
   Sender: rtty-admin@contesting.com
   Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:42:01 -0600

   While surfing the web looking for material for this week's
   VK2SG RTTY DX Notes, I came across the VK9ML site with information
   about their upcoming DXpedition to Mellish Reef.

   http://www.qsl.net/vk9ml/2002/

   In late December, the team put up a survey on the site to find
   out which digital mode they should operate, if any.  As I would
   have expected, RTTY won over PSK, 38% to 15%.   What about the
   other 47%?  They chose to have the team not do ANY digital mode
   and to concentrate on SSB and CW!  Wow...

   I don't know if this survey was set up where someone could
   continuously vote for one option or not, but I must admit I'm
   astonished that anyone would vote to have a DXpedition NOT do
   digital.

   Perhaps I'm just not with the program.  Perhaps there is a majority
   of CW/SSB ops that would rather a DXpedition not take time out
   for digital.  I don't know.  But I sure am curious.

   Comments?

   73, Don AA5AU