[RTTY] Interesting Survey

N3SL@aol.com N3SL@aol.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:19:27 EST

faunt@panix.com writes:

>I alos want to learn how to make more PSK QSOs faster and do that
>within the next three weeks before KH1.

Although limited by other issues, on 3B6 we used WinPSKse, which at the time,
was the only (we knew about) multisignal capable PSK program.  It worked very
well as we alternated working someone up or down from our "center" frequency.
 It's just like any other PSK program with point and click ease.  Now, you
can go to 20 simultaneous signals with W1SQLPSK.  My guess would be that
might be a bit much to handle under pileup conditions.

With these programs you can CQ on 14071, print and work a signal at 14072,
while already printing your "next" QSO at 14070.  Our biggest operational
issue was that people did not easily recognize what was going on, so it was
not uncommon for us to go back to station #2, only to find he was not there -
having QSYed to where station #1 had been in an attempt to tail end.
Clearly, there is no standard established.  You'll also run into problems
with people who jump in the pile up and run their 3 KW signal with 26 bars of
splatter.

GL!
Steve

multipart/alternative