[RTTY] No Digital?

k5ic@yahoo.com k5ic@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:14:05 -0700

I'm a DX'er. I rarely go on SSB because I always feel like I'm
hysterical when I'm after a DX station. I know that the ALC will limit
the input volume, yet I always wind up screaming, or at least feel like
I'm screaming. It's hard to sound hysterical on CW or RTTY. Rude yes,
but not hysterical.
Also, I can't quite understand people wanting to eliminate RTTY from a
DXpedition.  I think that the VK0IR operation worked all the RTTY DX'ers
there were in the world and only had  4,000 QSOs. It would seem that a
digital station run properly could take care of the RTTY DX'ers fairly
easily leaving plenty of time for the SSB crowd. Maybe it's a sign of
the times, intolerence to others' preferences.

Audie  K5IC