[RTTY] No Digital? (VK9ML)

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn@nexgo.de
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:20:26 +0100

Jari Jussila wrote:

> Frank Hunt wrote:
>  >
>  > ...
>  > The 2002 Mellish Reef team, including myself, are presently
>  > considering how much time we should spend on RTTY.
>  > Can we expect to make 4,000 QSO's, or how many?
>  > ...
>  > 73, Frank ZL2BR
>  > ..
>
> Frank's question will easily be answered with the data of some previous DX
> Peditions. D68C made 5285 RTTY QSO's but normally the amount of RTTY QSO's,
> are between 1500-2000 (1 to 3 percent of the QSO total) in the major DX
> peditions.
>
> Jari, OH2BU

Hi,

one question came to my mind. Is it fair to compare the total amount
of RTTY QSO's with the total amount of CW- or SSB-QSO's?

To my knowledge, there is no 5 band DXCC for RTTY. Each RTTY-OP wants
to make one QSO on any band and maybe a second one on an other band,
just for insurance and for his own fun.

In my opinion, it's fair only, if a DX-pedition team would compare
their activity on 160m and 6m with their activity in the mode RTTY.
How many QSO's and how many different calls the major DX-peditions
have worked on 160m or 6m in comparison to the total amount of QSO's
and different calls in the mode RTTY?

Any comments?

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--