[RTTY] The #1 mistake contest directors/sponsors can make

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 06:59:52 -0700

On Tue, 7 May 2002 08:33:50 -0400, tgstewart@pepco.com wrote:

>The way to increase activity is to use band multipliers of all sorts and
>per-band QSOs, unrestricted operating classes as the core, with more
>restrictive classes added within reason, unrestricted operating time
>during the contest period, and anything else that will encourage RTTY
>operation on ALL bands all the time.

Normally I don't do "me too" posts, but Ty's right on this one.  My
favorite contests are the ones where everybody works everybody,
multipliers galore, points all over the place.

I especially don't like rules which prevent you from working your own
country except once for mult credit.  What sense does that make?  I
could see a complete prohibition on your own country, making it a pure
DX contest, but allowing one contact (per band)?  I don't get it.

73, Bill W7TI