[RTTY] Re: the q3quick website and emails

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 14:36:25 +0000

Phil Cooper wrote:

> Hi Don and all,
>
> Yes, I got them too, plus an email from I4UFH that had a virus attached.
> Just lately, I have had quite a few email viruses from various hams, and I

Guys, about a month ago, I downloaded a program called "mailwasher".

http://www.mailwasher.com

Basically, what this thing does is fight spam. It does it by bouncing
the message back to your ISP, removing your address, putting the ISP
address in, and sending it back to the originator, apparently with a
"invalid address" message Apparently, these idiots have computers
which check the bounce, and remove your address from the list.

My spam is down to almost nothing. Unfortunately, a few viruses are
being sent also, but Norton traps all of that. Just for the record,
all my mail, in and out, is scaned.

73
Ed