[RTTY] UBN Analysis and Log Checking

Steve Holton sholton@optonline.net
Sat, 11 May 2002 18:09:05 -0400

We seem to be on the edge of a slippery slope...
We should make every effort to ensure we correctly copy the call, exchange
etc as sent and log it, unless of course it's wrong then we should?? Make
it right?? So it doesn't match the log of the sender ??...

If one gets dinged for having the incorrect zone received in their log even
though it was correctly contains the zone as sent - even though it turns
out no to be the correct zone Then.....
Every QSO in the sending station is equally invalid as it contains the
wrong zone sent.
Fairs is Fair - the entire log of the station sending the bad zone should
be invalid.
Wrong zone sent in log should be treated the same as wrong zone correctly
copied and entered as received in log
A program can certainly match sender and receiver log entries and recognize
this situtation.

See ya in Dayton,
Steve N1NB