[RTTY] rtty power

Jon Harder jon@praxisworks.org
Fri, 17 May 2002 13:23:58 -0000

> ... bear in mind that a lot of good Q's can
> be had with QRP - 5 watts or less.

During a recent contest under poor conditions,  I was using a small amp to
boost the output to about 200 watts.  Things were going tolerably well, when
I stopped for a break and switched the amp off.  When I returned, I forgot
to switch the amp back on, and resumed easily working S&P with several
fairly weak stations before I realized I was doing it all with less than 20
watts from the transceiver only!   Not real QRP, but it reminded me that
less _can_ be OK.

73 to all, especially those of us who can't make Dayton.      8(
See you in the Anatolian test.

Jon         K1US