[RTTY] What a pileup!

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 11:57:54 -0700

Sorry guys, I didn't expect the reflector bandwidth to increase
in this manner :-).

The puzzle will be revealed in a couple of days anyway by
all the callsign sites.

You take the first letter and last letter from my old call,
and you mash them together to make the new suffix, HI.

The previous holder of W7AY, Wilke E. Cruse, had died on
October 31, 1996.  The callsign thus became available for
reassignment even back in November 1, 1998.

After getting the callsign, I poked around the net a bit
and found out that N0AX is a good friend of the first W7AY.
>From Ward, I found out that Wilke (who went by "Bill") was
a radio operator in the 1930's on a steamship which made
Seattle/Alaska/Japan/Hong Kong/Shanghai runs.

UE
Chen, W7AY