[RTTY] ARRL.org Vote

Barry w2up@mindspring.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 23:59:44 -0000

Because it's a better mode?

I did a couple of RTTY Roundups with PSK31 and I really liked it. In the
early days of PSK31, where you had to tune manually in 10 Hz
increments to get print, I can see why contesters didn't like it. However,
nowadays with software AFC and click on the trace, it's a no brainer.
Less bandwidth. Weak signal copy is better. I recall the most amazing
thing about PSK31 - calling CQ, not hearing a reply, getting ready to
push F1 again, then seeing 100% print on the screen of what I couldn't
hear!
Arguments for Baudot? I'm listening...
Barry W2UP