[RTTY] WF1B Problem...

Frank Fallon n2ff@optonline.net
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:54:50 +0000

The answer is NOT use some other program, please.

I attempted today to install a copy of WF1B version 4.5 on a Dell
Latitude LM and received the dreaded runtime error message number 216.

Any idea what I need to change or fix to get this going.

I am running a DXP38 with the laptop and hope to take the entire set up
with me when I next travel to G land and EI.  Yes, I know that sound
card programs take up less weight and space, but.....

I am not sure what 216 indicates is wrong.

BTW I also loaded the DXP software and worked HA7UG on ten rtty this
morning.  The band was open and no one was there.  It was much the same
story on ten ssb too.  Later I worked 3XY7C on fifteen.  He was loud and
hung around for a long time.  I got him at 1641 and he was still there
hours later.  Then I worked Des at ZD7DP on twenty a little bit ago.  He
was 20 over S nine.  So the lap top works but I want to get WF1B's RTTY
going on it.

Any suggestions other than going to sound card programs.

Frank...N2FF.....