[RTTY] WAE RTTY

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:48:32 +0000

va3dx@sympatico.ca wrote:

>    Can anyone explain to me the procedure for sending
> QTC's in the WAE contest this weekend.
> I am using WF1B for the test...73 Glenn VA3DX

In case others need it.

>From page 64 of the manual:

"The QTC editing windows have a menu on the right side of the QTC
data window.  The mouse have been enabled to select a menu option
by clicking mouse button 1 on the desired option.

Basic of sending a QTC to a station.

1. Put the stations callsign in the callsign input field.
2.  Press <CTL-S> (send QTC data)
3.  Ask other operator is he is ready, press <CTL-Q (are you
ready)
4.  Upon acknowledge of QRV, Press <ALT-A> to send all QTC data).
5.  If other op needs repeat of a QTC, press the F# to match the
fill.  If he needs fill for QTC#4, then press F-4.
6.  If the other op needs repeat of the entire QTC, press <ALT-A>
(send al).
7.  Upon completion of exchange, press <Ctl-Enter> to save to
disk.

Receiving QTC's from a station.

1  Put the stations callisign in the input field.
2. Press <Ctrl-R> (to receive data).
3.  Tell other station you are ready <Alt-Q> (I am QRV)
4.  Your options for getting the QTC data from the screen into
the edit window:
       a.  type data into fields (time, callsign, serial number)
       b.  left click each item, cursor will advance
automatically.
       c.  right click IF and ONLY IF data is sent from
another            WF1B by RTTY user or the data matches the
following            specifications.
           TTTT*CCCC*SSSS, where
           TTTT=Time
           CCCC=Calsign
           SSSS=Serial number.

5. If you need a fill, press the corresponding F#.  To get fill
for number 6,, press F-6.

6.  If you need entire QTC report, press <Alt-A> (request send
all)
7.  Upon completion of exchange, press <Ctrl-Enter> to save to
disk.

Hope that helps and CU this weekend.
Tom W7WHY
       d.