[RTTY] Re: RTTY-WAEDC + WF1B

Bernhard Buettner wae@dl6rai.muc.de
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:58:21 +0100 (MET)

Hi David, hi RTTYers!

> "David Fisher" <d.c.fisher@att.net> asked: "How does one update the WF1B
> program for the changed WAEDC multipliers?"
>
> If their log checking efficiency is equal to their award handling, I suspect
> that the DARC log checkers have all of the necessary tools to "update"
> any/all logs submitted using WF1B software, otherwise the rules would not
> allow submissions using WF1B? Personally....

The rules are what they are. No, DARC cannot be held responsible if you
are using old and outdated software, sorry. It is up to you to use
appropriate software or generate a reasonable log by hand.

Let me assure you, however, that each and every log we receive will be
converted to a STF file (internal DARC file format), cross-checked with all
other logs and then re-scored. We are trying to be as friendly as possible
here. So even if you are sending us a log with old mults, we will find
them and you will receive credit for them. This enables us to treat every
entry equally, apply the same rules and multiplier lists and level out
the playing field.

However, *you* are lacking the possibility to correctly track multipliers
during the contest when you are using old, outdated software.

Good luck in the RTTY contest anyway!

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
[] Bernhard (Ben) Buettner, DL6RAI - WAE-DX-Contest Manager
[] E-Mail: dl6rai@darc.de    Phone: +49-89-943663     Fax: +49-89-943191