[RTTY] WAE RTTY contest

Dick White KS0M@ktis.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 02:05:54 -0600

The WAEDC RTTY contest was a total disaster here in Missouri. Look at the
score:

QSO's  =  70     Points = 70   QTC's  = 0   Mults  =  32   Score  =  4830

Class = SOABLP  ( 40 watts out)

Murphy visited me all weekend and he was a chore to get rid of. I got into
the contest at 0108z. After one hour the computer locked up. Nothing worked
and I had to shut off the power and restart. When I opened up the contest
file, I could not send or receive. After trying for an hour to find out the
problem, I decided it was too late to do much and went on to bed. I worked
on the problem most of the day Saturday. I finally found that when the
computer crashed, it destroyed the RTTY.INI file.  I reinstalled the WF1B
program and had to hunt for my paper copy of the INI file.  After setting
that up, everything worked ok. But, I had lost most of the contest. I had
almost no propagation here on Sunday morning and finally decided that the
radio gods were against me and gave up. The good news is that during the
contest I worked 3XY7C on 10,  20,  and 40 meters.  I will be back next
year.

73....Dick  /  KS0M
Richard C. "Dick" White           ks0m@ktis.net
Fulton, MO. 65251-2215