[RTTY] JARTS RTTY Contest October 19-20

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:52:00 -0500

I just wanted to remind everyone that the JARTS (Japanese Amateur Radio
Teleprinter Society) World-Wide RTTY Contest is being held on October 19 &20.

This will be the 11th annual JARTS contest.  This is a very fun RTTY contest and
one of my favorites.  There is a lot of activity.  Last year the top 13 contestants made
over 900 QSO's.

The exchange is a simple RST and AGE.

Official rules in English at http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2002/rules2002.html.
Official rules in Japanese at http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2002/rules2002j.html.

If you do not already have contest software for this contest, the author of MMTTY
(which is the best RTTY decoder available for free in my opinion) has written a new
program called MMJARTS which is specifically written for this contest and uses
MMTTY with a sound card.  It's available at http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/.

For WriteLog users, I've placed contest message examples on my WriteLog website at:
http://www.geocities.com/writelog/.

For those that wish to get started on RTTY, please refer to my "Getting Started on RTTY"
tutorial at http://www.aa5au.com/rtty/.  This tutorial is geared toward using MMTTY as
the program to get you started on RTTY.

I'm happy to help anyone who wishes to get started on RTTY.  However, I have to
warn that I'm very busy in my regular job trying to re-establish communications to the
oil & gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico after Hurricane Lili.  I hope to have this stabilized by
next week and plan on taking a few days off before the contest to recuperate.

I'm very much looking forward to this year's JARTS contest.  I hope you can join us!

73, Don AA5AU

http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog