[RTTY] CQWW - RW9WA

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn@nexgo.de
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:47:56 +0200

"Vladimir V. Sidorov" wrote:

> Dear Uli,
>
> > I checked my log of this years CQWW. Last year many
> > qsos were excluded from the score, because the zone
> > of several russians OMs they gave were wrong.
> >

> ?????
>
> Let me disagree with your statement.
>
> The what these guys were sending to you were wrong? It looks like, the
> situation is a bit different. The explanation we were given was like this:
> the log checking program has SUGGESTED that certain regions of Russia are
> located in zone 16 instead of zone 17 despite the fact that the operators
> were sending the zone 17 in their exchange. That's what we were told.
>
> In my personal opinion an operator knows better where he is located. That's
> first. And the second, there are just two parts of a contact, and nobody
> else. If the two parties confirm by logs provided that the exchange was
> exactly the way it is expressed in the logs, it should be like this and
> nobody else, say, the log checking program in this particular case should
> interfere. No suggestions, no assumptions, whatsoever.
>
> Statements like this were brought up in t his reflector several times with
> no reactions from the contest sponsors.
>
> > What is with RW9WA ? Zone 17 or 16 ? Europe (= 2 points)
> > or Asia (3 points) ?
>
> It is still a big question mark for the (most of ???) contest's
> participants.
>
> No offence or anything similar intended to any reader of the message. This
> is just an expression of a personal opinion as well as a hope that the
> picture will be clarified by the contest's sponsors.
>
> 73,
>
> "Walt", EU1SA

Ohhh ... Vladimir .. you are so right!

One little personal remark. If a UA9(S,W) station, like RW9WA, is sending
CQ Zone 17 instead of 16, then the CQ/RJ committee don't believe it,
but if (just an example) a W2 station is sending the state "IL" and the
CQ Zone "4", then everything is fine; no questions about that!

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de
RWRL Mirror on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch