[RTTY] RSGB DX Convention

Phil Cooper Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:52:49 +0100

Hi all,

Well, back in GU (and at work) after a hectic weekend at the RSGB DX
Convention!

It was great! So many RTTY types present, and what a treat to meet so many
in such a small time.
Amongst others, I met SV5/G4OBK and got my QSL card hand-delivered - thanks
Phil!
Also there was Ray HS0/G3NOM, Rob G0URR, John GW4SKA, Dick G3URA, Robert
M0TTT, John G0WHP, and many others.

I also chatted with many (and not just G's) that wish to get started in RTTY
and/or RTTY contesting, and hopefully we might see a few others in the
contests.

I was supposed to have access to the main HF station (FT1000MP + Quadra +
beam) from about 16.30UTC on Saturday, but that never came about due to
several unforseen circumstances. The call they used was MB2HFC, and it was
in great demand in CW and SSB.
If any of you worked them, then QSL is via G4BWP or the bureau.

The flight home was a little lumpy! And I think we may just have seen the
tail end of Lili as we had winds of force 8 with gusts of a bit more.
The landing was quite novel, but we made it home safely.

73 for now, and see you all in JARTS this weekend................
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.