[RTTY] average age of us RTTY'ers

Dave W7DPW w7dpw@attbi.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:00:51 -0700

I just completed an analysis of the ages that I received. I was planning on
publiching it as soon as I finished it as I was thinking about the OLDness
of the RTTYers in specific and also HAMS in genraliazation.  My averages
follow:

Samples (389) [I had 400 contacts]: (All Call_signs and their multiples were
used except for age 00 and 99 stations)

Mean Age:  53   (Numerical Average)
Mode Age:  53  ( The age that appeared the most often)
Median Age; Tie 54, 55 (The ages in the middle, #18 and #19,  of the pack of
36 different ages)

When counting only each call-sign one time, the following ages are found:

samples (238)

Mean Age:  51
Mode Age: 53
Median Age: Tie 54, 55