[RTTY] Re: RTTY digest, Vol 1 #621 - 14 msgs

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:07:24 -0700

On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 10:08 AM, Jurgen Geldhof wrote:

> Now that all countries are trying to get rid of the CW-requirement to
> get a
> licence, maybe they could replace it by a RTTY-test ????   :-)

Recognizing an audible pattern is one thing (hey, that's how I "copy"
my callsign at 45 wpm, do you think I can really copy 45 wpm?! :-),
but being able to really copy 45 baud Baudot is a completely another
thing.  Remember that you will need to de-alias between NUMS and
LTRS shifts on the fly.

Try sending "CQCQCQCQ" with no spaces, or "CQ  CQ  CQ" with an
extra space and see if you can still recognize it.

73
Chen, W7AY